Wednesday, January 21, 2009

20/365 - Change

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

20 dated

Today Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America.  

This was actually my favorite visual of the day.  It just struck me as such a poignant moment, in silhouette, President Bush preparing to leave the White House for the last time as President  with his successor by his side :

20-2 

This day has been bursting with historical significance and it was a  moment I will never  forget.   May God be with our new President and with our country. 

5 comments:

  1. I get emotional whenever I think of how far we have come as a nation regardless of our fabulous economy lol! Wonderful photos for today. I agree that moment with Bush and Obama is quite beautiful. I hope they got an actual photo of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get emotional, too! In fact, I was so busy crying through the swearing in that I forgot to take pictures!! A great day for our country..
    I tried to take some photos later, but there's always a glare on my TV. grrrr.. Your's look great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic choice for today's photos! I love the silhouette on the second shot too. The photos look fantastic! I've never been able to get a television shot without glare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn. I nominated you for a blog award. You can read the details on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - your TV photo's turned our great - mine were bad. Love the second photo, too, that should be in a history book!

    ReplyDelete